Saturday, December 4, 2021

Back to Writing with Henry


Henry - my laptop - wasn't feeling well for sometime and was asking for some kind of update. Once I completed the download and install of the update, Henry went to sleep and didn't wake up. I had to take him to the Apple Support Store, from where he was diagnosed as being a 'dead unit' and shipped out to Texas to be reincarnated. Henry II was shipped back home a few days ago and I didn't get much time to spend with him, as we had some home renovations going on. He was wrapped up nicely and placed in a drawer and he's out today. 

So many things are happening around the world that make my thoughts race and I want to say so much but I find myself deciding not to share anything on my mind. Should I express my anger and disgust or share a cute cat meme to make people laugh? More often than not, I share the cute cat meme - it makes me feel better, temporarily.

Sharing my views openly also comes with a risk - of people feeling offended, hurt or upset, and (as has happened in the past) some random threats being sent my way. But bottling up so many things inside is also damaging, it disturbs my peace of mind, and also affects my ability to focus on priorities. When I gave up writing blog posts in the past, I felt so suffocated. Leaving the country was supposed to be a liberating experience, but that didn't happen in the way I anticipated. For a long time, I was so involved with other things that writing took a back seat - actually more like took the small insignificant space near the back of a drawer where it was folded up and forgotten. 

I am thinking of writing these things out again. I will share occasionally to Facebook but does it really matter if no-one reads the posts? At least I'll find some way to release these thoughts. Let's see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment